AUTHORS’ GUIDELINES – PUBLICATION NORMS
About the journal
Suma de Negocios Journal is a semiannually publication, open to different disciplinary and methodological perspectives on marketing, business, administrative sciences and quantitative methods applied to these issues. The specific topics within the area of administrative sciences from the international business approach are:
- Business administration, commercial, tourism, financial, banking, public systems..
- Public accounting
- International Commerce
The journal is aimed at teachers, researchers and the general public interested in the areas of publication. The contents of SUMNEG are freely accessible, non-profit, financed by the same institution and manages editing formats such as PDF, EPUB and XML.
Suma de Negocios Journal, publication of the Business School of the Konrad Lorenz University Foundation, aims to publish in the national and Latin American academic field the different disciplinary and methodological perspectives on marketing, business, administrative sciences and quantitative methods applied to these topics.
To be national leaders in the academic scientific field, with a projection in the Latin American market, in such a way that its main axes, such as quality, transparency and knowledge management towards the community, allow reaching the goals, in order to become known and position itself as one of the best Latin American journals in its category.
Papers for Suma de Negocios Journal shall be published under a Creative Commons (4.0 International Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) license, which allows the free dissemination of the work, without changes to the final version and attributing credit to the original authors (by way of the relevant acknowledgement) and for non-commercial purposes. This implies the free movement of unadulterated work without economic benefits. In addition to the fact that the journal has interoperability protocols, it is managed simultaneously in self-archiving systems and institutional repositories.
- Suma de Negocios Journal publishes original papers of both theoretical and empirical nature, which can be of two types:
- Research Paper: A document with presents in detail the original results of completed research projects. The structure utilized generally contains four important sections: introduction, methodology, results and / or discussion and conclusions.
- Review. A document wherein qualitative or quantitative systematic reviews on a field of science or technology are presented, so as to account for relevant progress and development trends. Reviews are characterized by presenting a careful bibliographic review of at least 50 references.
- Papers must be unpublished and must not be subject to simultaneous consideration in other publications.
- The journal publishes articles in Spanish, English, French and Portuguese.
- Authors shall in all cases submit an abstract in Spanish and English – even if the paper is submitted in another language. The abstract shall have a maximum of 150 words, and it shall include the main theme of the study in a brief and succinct fashion, as well as the question or hypothesis, the methodology utilized, the results and major conclusions.
- 5 or 6 keywords (Spanish and English) shall be included, which shall be related to the content of the paper, as well as 4 JEL descriptors – https://www.aeaweb.org/econlit/jelCodes.php
- All original papers shall have a maximum length of 6,500 words (including title, abstract, summary, references, figures, tables, appendices and ancillary materials).
- The first page of the document or cover (author note) shall be submitted separately from the rest of the manuscript and shall contain the following:
- Type of article: Research article or review article.
- The title in the original language of the text (in addition to the relevant translations into Spanish and English languages).
- The full names of the author/s, each with a footnote containing:
1) Level of training
2) Full institutional affiliation
4) Mailing address (including city and country)
5) Identity document
6) Country of birth
8) Date of birth
9) Contact author
10) ORCID ID* (if you don’t have one, sign up at orcid.org)
12) Source of the H5-index* (Google Scholar, Scopus, POP (Publish or Peris), etc…)
- The manuscript submitted shall be double-spaced (except tables), and it shall be written in Times New Roman 12 font type and size. Margins shall be 1” on all sides, and page numbering shall be placed in the upper right corner.
- The main document shall not include any author information. The paper shall begin with the title, followed by the summary and abstract, keywords and JEL classification.
- The title of the article should have a maximum of 12 words; it should be explanatory and convey the essence of the work.
- The document should be written in its entirety strictly following APA rules – 7th ed. in Anglo-Saxon style. This includes all aspects, ranging from writing style, sections and subsections, tables and figures, as well as references.
- All tables and figures should be in their original editable format (Word, Excel, etc.) and have references thereto within the text.
- Should any copyrighted material be used, the authors shall be responsible for obtaining written permission from the copyright holders.
- Footnotes shall be exclusively for clarifying or explanatory purposes, and shall include no references.
- When using equations, these should be numbered consecutively and using brackets (e.g. , ,  …). Mathematical symbols shall be clear, legible and match the equations.
- When using acronyms, their full meaning should be written the first time they appear, followed by the abbreviation in brackets; only the acronym should be used thereafter. Example: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); then only WIPO. Should any technical terms or acronyms be used, they should be defined upon their first citation.
- The minimum number of references to research papers is 25 (30% thereof over the last 2 years) and 50 references for review papers within the last 5 years (30% of which must have been published no later than 2 years before).
How to quote?:
Author, A.A. (Year). Article’s title. Title of the journal, volume(number), pages.
Author, A.A., Author, B.B. & Author, C.C. (Year). Article’s title. Title of the journal, volume(number), pages.
Dong, D., Byrne, P.J., Saha, A. & Capps, O.Jr. (2000). Determinants for Food-Away-From-Home Visit Frequency: A Count-Data Approach. Journal of Restaurant and Foodservice Marketing, 4(1), 31-46.
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically through the ScholarOne Manuscripts platform on the following website https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/sumneg. The information necessary for submittals is included there. The use of this resource facilitates tracking the status of the manuscript through the website. Upon submittal of the manuscript, the author will receive a notification of receipt.
Within a week the Editor will decide if the article can continue in the assessment process. In a period of 45 days on average will be reported on the result of evaluation of the article (rejected, accepted, require minor revisions or require major revisions).
The decision will be informed from the concepts of at least two anonymous peers (experts in the field), they could be national or international reviewers. Regardless of the concept of pairs, the final decision on the inclusion or not of the article in the journal will be borne by the Publisher. Once issued the judgment on the acceptance of the work, authors will have 15 days to make changes, if necessary. In the event of major changes, the article will be forwarded again to the peer review.
When the article is approved, the author gives the publishing rights to SUMNEG, so you will be sent a form of copyright, without which you cannot advance in the publishing process.
The best paper of the edition shall be selected in each issue. The members of the Editorial Committee shall be in charge of said appointment, and the winning paper shall receive a special mention in the issue
For the avoidance of doubt, submitting an article does not oblige the editorial board to publish it.
Suma de Negocios (SUMNEG) Journal shall not publish papers of any works conducted without the necessary permits, or which have been illegally collected. The opinions expressed in the papers are those of the authors and do not compromise the scientific and political opinion of the Journal. The authors shall be responsible for obtaining the copyright of any material presented in their work.
The authors shall acknowledge all the organizations that funded their research in the “Acknowledgements” section of the manuscript – including grant numbers as applicable. Furthermore, the authors shall describe any financial or personal relationship with other people or organizations which could potentially give rise to a conflict of interest in connection with matters related to the manuscript submitted for publication.
The manuscript shall not have been previously published (neither in whole nor in part), unless the new work is an extension of previous work. Please exercise transparency in the re-use of material, so as to prevent text recycling or “self-plagiarism”. The same study shall not be divided into several parts to increase the number of manuscripts submitted, or to submit them to one or more journals over time. Data should not be manufactured or manipulated to support the conclusions presented.
No data, text or theory presented by any other authors may be presented as appertaining to the authors; for this reason, the corresponding citations or acknowledgments must be included. The editorial board over at SUMNEG may use plagiarism detection software and, should this be the case, notifications shall be submitted to the institutions of the authors responsible.
Lastly, no requests shall be received in terms of requesting changes of the authors included in the manuscript, after acceptance thereof.